At Stephen’s Church School we follow the Early Years Foundation Stage National Framework and the National Curriculum, which we have mapped into our own areas of learning in order along with several strands which specifically address aspects of our school vision. Please see the Curriculum Overview page for more information about this.
However, our curriculum offer is much more than the learning that takes place in lessons, as it also comprises the following:
- Regular special events and experiences as shown on the 'A Year In Our Life' page;
- Our rich and varied play and outdoor learning offer;
- Various performers, experts and professionals who come into school to talk to the children;
- A wide selection of extra-curricular clubs and activities;
- Off-site visits and residentials;
- The development of children's social and emotional resilience and behaviours as an accredited Thrive school;
- An ongoing focus upon mental well-being through our involvement in research and partnership with leading organisations;
- Development of positive behaviours and habits through our promotion and reinforcement of The Golden Three;
- A rich diet of sporting opportunities and chances to represent the school in inter-school competitions.
This broad curriculum offer remains a coherent and meaningful experience for the children because our core values inform our day-to-day conversations, actions and decisions, and our shared vision underpins our sense of purpose and direction.
heevery aspect is underpinned by our core values of Love, Courage, Creativity and Joy.